Hey there, Bleeps! I’m missing CHA, so here’s a card for all of my friends I saw in California! Miss ya’ll already! This card is a ‘publication reject!’ Sometimes, the cards I submit for publication do not get picked up. The good thing about getting rejected is that I get to still share them here with my Bleeps! Most times when I submit, I get rejections. I am okay with that because I understand that publishers are selective about the projects shown in their publications for a variety of reasons, from color combinations to design elements. It does not mean that the project is not good. Sometimes, a card presented for one publication is rejected, but accepted for another because the it fits a different publication better (this could be the same publisher). I just wanted to share a bit about my publishing experiences. It’s a job. I have fun submitting every month. You just have to try.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Make an A2 card from cardstock.
- Trim polka dot patterned paper strip and adhere to card front.
- Ink leaves, then use the kissing technique and stamp polka dot stamp overtop, then stamp on cream cardstock.
- Cut out leaves and adhere to card front.
- Tie ribbon into a bow and add button embellishment.
- Die cut scallop circle from felt and add stitching.
- Adhere sticker letters to spell “miss you,” then adhere scallop circle die cut to card front.
Stamps :: Papertrey Ink- turning a new leaf; SU! – polka dot
Ink :: Papertrey Ink – raspberry fizz
Paper :: Papertrey Ink – vintage cream; SU! – bermuda bay; Cosmo Cricket – early bird collection (patterned paper)
Embellishments :: Heather Bailey – felt; thread; Making Memories – letter stickers; Papertrey Ink – ribbon, button; straight pins; twine
Tools :: sewing machine; Spellbinders – scallop circle nestabilities, wizard