Hello there! I’ve returned to my craft studio and am ready to share some projects with you that I’ve been working on for Papertrey Ink’s April release. For those who may not have visited my blog in a while, I was blessed with a new baby at the end of February, so I took a few weeks off to adjust. As a brief update, everything is going well. Thanks so much for all the well wishes you all posted. More pictures will be posted in this month’s Monthly Moments post coming soon!
Now, onto today’s group post. We are showcasing Simple Stars stamp set which coordinates with Cover Plate: Stars. I love a timeless shape, like stars, and all that you can do with it. From creating masculine to feminine, stars are a definite must-have for any crafters stash of supplies.
For my first card, I designed a masculine birthday card using the fun color combination from the photo below. Since having a baby, I’ve discovered The Land of Nod and just love their use of bright colors and fun patterns.
- Trim strips of paper from all cardstock colors.
- Adhere cardstock strips to card front (4 x 6).
- Using die cut stars from Cover Plate: Stars, stamp diagonal striped pattern with coordinating ink colors.
- Stamp sentiment and adhere die cut stars with foam adhesive.
SuppliesStamps: Simple Stars (to be released 4/15 at 10 pm EST) Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Limeade Ice, Orange Zest, Rustic White Dies: Cover Plate: Stars (to be released 4/15 at 10 pm EST) Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest, Limeade Ice
For my second card, my design is softer and feminine. As you can probably tell, I’m absolutely up to my neck in baby-themed products, so I’m sure you’re not surprised I was inspired by a nursery image. I loved the soft tones and the star pattern on the wall.
- Using Cover Plate: Stars, I stamped the coordinating images onto the stars.
- I covered each of the stars with glitter and adhered it to the A2 card front.
- I added some gold tape and the sentiment strip.
Thanks so much for visiting today. Don’t forget to stop by my teammates’ blogs too! Have a great weekend!Nichole Heady Betsy Veldman Danielle Flanders Dawn McVey Erin Lincoln Heather Nichols Laura Bassen Laurie Willison Maile Belles