Valentine’s Day is literally days away and I have a quick and easy project to share with you all! Yes, you can simply pick up the valentine treats, get a sharpie, and jot in the names on the package, but what about the cute factor? I have a great way to enclose those valentine treats in an easy way.
These valentine treats can be made in just an hour or two, depending on how many you need to make. I made 8 (the amount of mini coloring books in the package) in about an hour.
The valentines measure about 4″ x 6″ and that includes a 1/2″ binding.
I’ll give step-by-step instructions at the end of this post.
I used a heart die to cut the negative heart image from the front of the packaging. I thought it would be a great way to preview the contents inside.
The most time consuming part was stamping the letters in a rainbow of colors to spell the word “colorful.” It was so worth it because the results are amazing! I used a stamp position tool to align each letter and stamped each sheet of cardstock, then switched letters until I finished spelling the word.
Here’s the mini coloring book on the interior. I added it to the package by using a glue strip. I found these mini coloring books at Target in the Dollar Spot for $3. Eight mini coloring books came in each package. So, if you can still find these at your local Target you’re in business.
If not, Amazon will come to your rescue. I found larger packages of mini coloring books and the best part is that they do not have a valentine theme, which means you can use them as gifts or party favors throughout the year.
On the back, I stamped To/From so I could hand write names for Lauren’s classmates.
Kids love to color and not every parent wants their child to have a sweet treat, so I opted for coloring books, which is a great activity for just about every child.
The last addition is optional, but I added twine to the spine.
Paw Patrol is a great option as it’s great for boys and girls in a classroom setting.
- Cut your paper to 8.5″ x 6″
- Score along the 8.5″ side at 4″ and again at 4.5″ (this will be the spine for the package).
- Die cut the heart from the center.
- Stamp your sentiment/greeting/images.
- Add the mini coloring book using a glue strip.
- Add twine.
- Stamps: Headline Alphabet, Enclosed: Heart, Antique Alphabet, Keep It Simple: To and From
- Inks: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, New Leaf, Enchanted Evening, Amethyst Allure, Smokey Shadow
- Paper: White
- Dies: Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches
- Other: black baker’s twine, glue strip, mini coloring books