Hey there! It’s the weekend, but better yet I have a great ribbon favorite to share with you all. Nichole asked some of the DT and myself to share our favorite ribbon technique. Well, I was stumped for a few days, but finally decided on sharing how I like to layer my ribbons. Sometimes, I double ribbons and have two bows, while other times I may have a flat ribbon and a ruffled ribbon. Here, I decided to share double ruffled ribbon so you can see how I bunch the ribbon and create a wider ribbon effect. I even made a quick video on my ribbon ruffling technique.
Thanks so much for stopping by and watching the video. Have a great weekend!
- Trim white cardstock and stamp argyle pattern.
- Add two layers of ruffled ribbon.
- Stamp sentiment; once in berry sorbet ink, then again slightly off in brown ink.
- Adhere argyle stamped paper to summer sunrise cardstock.
- Add to a dark chocolate A2 card base.
Tips & Tricks
View video from YouTube here.
*All supplies may be purchased at Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise noted.
Stamps :: a little argyle, for the graduate
Ink :: berry sorbet, summer sunrise; Stampin’ Up! – brown (PTI – dark chocolate ink may be used instead)
Cardstock :: stamper’s select white, dark chocolate, summer sunrise
Embellishments :: berry sorbet satin ribbon
Tools :: scor-tape