Hi everyone! It’s Wednesday and I was able to get some sleep after hearing the great news about being chosen for the Best Christmas Project for PTI October Guest Star Stamper Contest last night. I was able to complete Beate’s Inspiration Challenge, so here it is! I was inspired by the color, design and the fringe! So, I made the card have some fringe. I used twill tape to make it have more texture. It is very simple, but that silver embossing is amazing. When you feel it, it feels so rich. I used Filigree detailed embossing powder (available at PTI).
I forgot to mention that my ‘old-new’ sewing machine works perfectly! It can do amazing stitches, so I’ll be glad to share them with you soon!
- Trim cardstock to 4.25″ x 11″, then score at 5.5″ and set aside.
- Trim rose red and grey cardstock to 4.25″ x approximately 2.5″. Then trim about 1/2″ off of the grey cardstock to have two pieces.
- With the stamp wheel and Versamark, stamp the design on the rose red cardstock and the left edge of the card base (overlapping the scored edge).
- Apply silver embossing powder to the card base and heat.
- Layer the small grey and rose red cardstocks.
- Cut fringe on the large grey cardstock, then adhere next to the rose red cardstock.
- Tie twill tape around card base between fringe and rose red cardstock.
- Add beaded hat pin to the ribbon knot.
- Stamp sentiment on rose red cardstock and emboss with silver embossing powder, then adhere under fringe.
- Adhere pearls to sentiment cardstock.
:: My Goodies ::
Stamps: PTI-Merry & Bright (sentiment); SU! Scandanavian (design)
Paper: Cardstocks: Rose Red; Very Vanilla; Grey
Accessories: Twill Tape; Pretties Kit; Silver Embossing Powder; Heat Gun
Technique: Stamped; Heat Embossed
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5