I hope you’ve been enjoying all the new products being showcased so far for Papertrey Ink’s April release. A lot of you are wondering how I’ve been able to complete my projects with an infant. Now that I’m finished, I’m not sure either! Each project took a lot longer to complete than usual because I had to do things with one hand, pause for feedings/diaper changes, or pause to sing songs to her. I “wear” her in a wrap sometimes too when crafting, but it was an obstacle stamping around her. Even as I type this post, it’s with one hand, so please excuse any errors! I also got some alone time while my husband took over and they got some daddy and daughter time.
Now, onto to the projects. All new products will be available at 10 pm on April 15.
My first project uses Football Frenzy stamps/dies and Football Frenzy Additions. I made snack treat bags for a 10-year old’s birthday celebration. Picture this: a group of little boys gathering together to watch the birthday boy’s favorite movie or football game. Since Doritos are his favorite snack, they’re served in brown bags and embellished for the occasion.
I also used Background Basics: Random Stripes to bring pattern to the bag.
- Trim 1.5″ strip of rustic white cardstock and stamp random stripes.
- Stamp jersey on coordinating die cut and add to 2.5″ circle die cut.
- Stamp birthday sentiment and hand trim pennant, then adhere under jersey.
- Use clothespin, clip onto paper bag.
- Add football stamped die cut onto clothespin.
SuppliesStamps: Football Frenzy, Football Frenzy Additions, Background Basics: Random Stripes Ink: enchanted evening, new leaf, orange zest, dark chocolate Cardstock: rustic white, enchanted evening Dies: Football Frenzy, Limitless Layers: 2.5″ circle
My next project is a birthday card using Phrase Play #3. I focused on the word die cut and added the sentiment. This month’s stamp/die can be used in so many ways.
- Add patterned paper strips to card front (4 x 5.5) at an angle.
- Add gold tape and loopy die cut along paper borders.
- Add Hello die cut.
- Stamp sentiment.
- Add arrow die cut.
SuppliesStamps: Phrase Play #3 Ink: true black Dies: Phrase Play #3, Loop de Loop Cardstock: white, raspberry fizz Patterned Paper: aqua mist, lemon tart, raspberry fizz Other: gold tape
This card uses Botanical Blocks and Birthday Classics: May. I used a watercolor technique to let the floral image shine.
- Stamp floral block image using watermark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Using a watercolor pen and reinkers, watercolor the image.
- Add floral image to patterned paper mat.
- Add stamped sentiment.
SuppliesStamps: Botanical Blocks, Birthday Classics: May Ink: true black, versamark, tropical teal, aqua mist, simply chartreuse Cardstock: white Patterned Paper: lemon tart
Using The A-Mazing Stamp Set and dies, I made this simple, yet amazing card! My husband loved it!
On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from The A-Mazing stamp set and also from Keep It Simple: Anniversary.
- Trim white cardstock to 4 x 5.5 and die cut circle maze. Adhere to A2 card base.
- Stamp “me” and hand cut. Die cut heart and stamp “you,” then adhere both to card front.
- Stamp sentiment and adhere then stamp inside of card.
SuppliesStamps: The A-Mazing Stamp Set, Keep it Simple: Anniversary Ink: true black, pure poppy Cardstock: white, pure poppy Dies: A-Mazing, Heart Prints
Next up is a card featuring Teepee Time. I love the teepees in this stamp set. They’re too cute. I made a new home card.
- On 4 x 6 card front, add simply chartreuse cardstock strip.
- Stamp trees onto card front.
- Stamp tepee onto coordinating die cut. Add patterned paper components. Adhere to card front.
SuppliesStamps: Teepee Time Ink: true black, simply chartreuse, sweet blush, raspberry fizz, aqua mist, summer sunrise Cardstock: vintage cream Patterned Paper: true black
When I saw Modern Cross Quilt, I was immediately inspired. I’ve seen huge crosses on sweatshirts and throw pillows and love it! I made a best wishes card, perfect for any new couple at their wedding. I also used Initial Thoughts stamp and die on this card.
- Die cut Cover Plate: Modern Cross Quilt from white cardstock and adhere onto black A2 card front.
- Stamp flowers on coordinating die cuts and adhere to card front.
- Stamp sentiment on coordinating die cut and adhere to card front.
SuppliesStamps: Initial Thoughts, Modern Cross Quilt, The Sweet Life Ink: sweet blush, hibiscus burst, pure poppy, true black Cardstock: true black, white, aqua mist Dies: The Sweet Life, Initial Thoughts, Cover Plate: Modern Cross Quilt
Whew! I don’t know about you all, but I’m tired! I can’t wait to take a few days off and rest. I put in a lot of work the past few days, but it was all worth it. I even showed Lauren lots of crafty things.
To see more from my teammates’, click the links to their blogs below.Nichole Heady Betsy Veldman Danielle Flanders Dawn McVey Erin Lincoln Heather Nichols Laura Bassen Laurie Willison Maile Belles